Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2XU Compression Run

Date : 11 Apr 2010
Place : Sentosa
Timing : 1:21:10

Supposedly this is considered my virgin "competitive race" that I have taken part in. Previously, I had taken part in a charity run of 10km and an Ah Meng Zoo run of 6km. These two runs were more of some sort of fun runs where family take part in.

Back to my first race, I would say that the route at Sentosa is pretty refreshing and new. In actual fact, I should be taking in the sights and scene of the island. However, I did not have much time for that as I spent most way of my run looking at other runners. The route of the run was designed in a way that there were many U-turns, therefore you would always see other "slower" runners running in your opposite direction. Well, I was looking out for girls of course... ha

Anyway, the route was a challenging one with lots of slopes. The late start of the race did not help as half-way thru' the run, the sun is already shinning brightly, easy to make you dehydrated more easily. Although they have water-points along the route, I did have a slip of water till the ending point as I do not have the habit of drinking along the way for distance under 15km.

With regards to my timing, I was rather disappointed not to do better. I was hoping to do like 1:15. Nevertheless, I managed to finish the race strongly and gain some race experience. Hope to do better in my next race. :)

No comments: