Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Update

Been a while since I last updated my blog. Things have been pretty much the same for me. Same work, same boring life and well, having the same wife, of course! However, there are couple of changes to my life.

My new house. Got keys to my new house last Jun. Started renovation not long after. No, we have not engaged any interior designer, but rather we have much help from my in-laws. And thus, after spending some $30K, our new lovenest is ready on around Jan. I must say that I am very satisfied with our new house and we moved in "officially" on 13 Feb, CNY's eve. About 20 over relatives came over my new house and had steamboat dinner. Not bad right, our 4-room flat can hold 20 over people... ha.. Anyway, our new house is like our holiday resort for the time being. We will probably stay over during the weekends first and spend the rest of the weekdays over at my parents time. We will probably move in around Mar.

Another update. I am taking running more seriously now. Why? Now got kakis pushing together. Before, I was like training all on my own. Very boring. Now got friends to take part in races and runs together. Having friends to share how their training are going tends to make me want to do well too. If they are doing 1-hour run, I will want to do that 1-hour too. Like we motivates each another.

Currently, I am doing 10km to 12km per run. I am trying to do at least 3X of that distance a week which will make up around 30km per week. This distance will probably be enough training for a half-marathon we are going in May. Still, I am looking forward to increase that distance. Will probably come up with a training schedule to slowly increase my time of running and distance. At the same time, other than running, I have added swimming in my training. The swim will be twice a week, about 20 laps, during lunch time. Hope that swimming will reduce my injuries and also improve my stamina. I really need to be highly motivated to follow this run-swim schedule. I must tell myself, I CAN DO IT!

Just got a new gift as a wife from my "Born to Run". I selected the book, and my wife paid for it... keke.. Well, this book is said to be a super good read... strongly recommended for runners and non-runners as well... we'll see.....

No comments: